Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ushering in the Season

With the dawn of December just around the weekend, I’m really excited but am also beginning to panic. With having to decorate ours, my parent’s and my in law’s homes all within the first week, it’s quite a daunting task at hand. And undeniably, bringing out the stored up fake trees and decorations also brings on a lot of cleaning and allergies. So between the sneezing and the cleaning and the running around, it’s only logical that I dread this season. But apparently my brain knows and understands no such inconveniences. The more the merrier it tells me. One house is boring. Three houses! How exciting is that! Putting up three Christmas trees, three stars, and three different decorating schemes to think off! Awesomeness I say!!!

So what’s the first thing I would do to welcome the season into our homes and lives? The festive wreath on the door! This year I thought I’d try and make a couple of wreaths instead of using the store bought ones . My husband cut and carved two thermocol wreaths and then I just spruced them up with some ribbon, pine cones, flowers and twigs. 





At Christmas, all roads lead home.  ~Marjorie Holmes

1 comment:

  1. The wreaths are beautiful and I like the one with the blue flowers it looks just simple and classy.

    ReplyDelete