Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Recycling


Not technically… But storing and re-using decorations has proved cost and time effective.

Since I started work last June, I haven’t had as much time as I did earlier to craft at will when inspiration struck. These days I have to save my ideas for a day when I have the time, can bear the thought of spending that time on paper craft and be inspired… and the days all three coincide are next to never. It’s these messages that intrude into my inbox that remind me that I have a blog and a Facebook page.



And I make an effort to keep at least this hobby going, if for nothing else but my own sanity.

So about the recycling bit… I’m glad I kept those paper pom-poms from my sister-in-law’sbaby shower. Since then I’ve used them at a friend’s bridal shower, my father-in-law’s 60th birthday celebrations and a farewell of one of the big bosses who retired at work.

Here are the pictures of the big boss’ decorated work space. Not good pictures as usual.


If you look closely you can see sparkly strings on the window blinds. Those are big round chumkis strung together on silver thread. It was the first time I tried it and it was such a hassle, first to thread it and then to unravel it before putting it up. But the effect was stunning.

The ‘Celebrating God’s favour’ banner was painted for my father-in-law’s 60th birthday which I re-used here.

The coloured glass bottles, I’m happy to say, are true to the word, recycled. My husband insists on buying me Amul flavoured milk every single day. So I cleaned and kept the bottles. For decorating, I painted the bottles and used them as coloured glass vases filled with water and flowers.

We also used the ‘Blessings’ banner from my friend’s bridal shower. If you look for it, you’ll find it in this picture.


Paper medallions made for this occasion were hung overhead the aisle.





No comments:

Post a Comment